Job offer: job title
- Gent, Belgium
Founded in 2011 as a shipping agent, and working with a team of people with years of experience in the profession, Navonus Agency offers services in all Belgium ports..
The primary responsibility of the Mechanic – Steam and Gas – is to safely accomplish the installation, maintenance and repair of the heavy rotating machinery used mainly in power generation applications. Turbine Mechanics work closely with Supervisors, EHS personnel, and the Operations Department to achieve these goals.
- Read blueprints, schematic drawings and technical documentation to determine proper work procedures.
- Dismantle and assemble machinery and equipment using a variety of power, pneumatic and hydraulic tools.
- Perform mechanical and electrical maintenance and repairs on hand tools and training equipment.
- Move machinery and equipment using hoists, cranes, chain falls and trucks.
- Perform machining and welding operations for making various parts for lab and shop training equipment
- Perform material and machine inspections using precision measuring equipment such as micrometers,
- Load, transport, and unload materials, tools, equipment and supplies.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Degree or associate degree in Technical Field, Gas Turbine Systems Technician preferred
- Must have a minimum of one (1) years’ experience maintaining, dismantling, and installing machinery and industrial service equipment including various pumps, motors, fans, generators, and turbines.
- Must have experience performing equipment alignments using either laser or traditional methods.
- Must have Driver’s License
- Must possess minimum required hand tools.
- Trainee level. Trial position to ensure a good fit for the company – attitude, skills, ambition
- Good mechanical/technical skills.
- Good oral communication skills.
- Critical thinking ability.
- Must work well both independently and in a team environment.
- Availability to travel and be away from home for extended periods of time.